Friday, December 21, 2012

Pre-Judging


Have you ever been pre-judged?

Not regular judged, like everyone does, where you size a person up during your first conversation with them. 

I mean, judged before the person ever said a single word to you?

There are some people who will see you around a couple a times or hear the opinion of one or two people and then decide that they know everything about you. 

And, even worse, there’s the kind who will look at you just once and completely dismiss you as a worthy person. Fucking hell.

I don’t really care about being pre-judged by people around my age or younger than me, but I am so sick of it happening with people who are older.

Yea, okay, I’m not cookie cutter, but the way I look on the outside only shows you what my fashion sense is. And given how much that’s been evolving overtime and really every single day, that tells you nothing.

And yet, older people seem to think that the way you present yourself when they run into you on a casual day is enough to tell them everything they’d ever want to know about you. 

It’s seriously annoying.

Why do I care so much about the opinions of my elders, you ask? Well, I was raised by my grandparents, so I’ve had the “respect your elders” thing drilled into my head from a young age. It was sort of inevitable that I’d be an old person loving, senior-citizen respecting cute girl.

But some old people are just plain ridiculous. This friend of my grandmother’s who comes around from time to time and who I am always polite and helpful toward (I‘ve helped her carry groceries numerous times), constantly gives me weird vibes. It’s been like that since before we ever had a conversation together. She gave me this weird look and completely ignored me until she realized I was her friend‘s granddaughter. But even now no matter what I do it’s like she’s waiting for me to say something rude or do something vile. Seems to think I’m some uncivilized whore or something.

And she’s not the only one.

I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes I’ll be having an incredibly awesome day and then I’ll run into her or someone like her and I’ll start feeling like I’ll never be good enough. Why is it only old people that make me feel self-conscious? I’m harboring some serious grandparent issues.

And yea, I am living with them. My grandparents are going through some hard health times, so I’m helping out until they’re back on their feet. So far it’s been….eh.
Ah well.

Maybe eventually I’ll become a geriatric rescuing superhero and all those judgmental oldies will completely change their minds about me.

Or maybe I’ll just use The Secret. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.


…Am I weird??

Cute Girl Score Card
-2 for swearing, -1 for lack of confidence (New Rule: cute girls always have confidence in themselves), +1 for wanting to better myself (New Rule: cute girls are all about self improvement), +2 for respecting my elders, +1 for plugging The Secret, something every cute girl should at least know.


Bye sweets. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment