Monday, December 31, 2012

In Another Life We Were Superheroes


Had a fun conversation the other day with someone I feel will always be a part of my life. We played a questions game and because I clear out my texts every couple of weeks, I wanted a place to save it. 

Warning: Some of these questions (and answers) are incredibly random.

(This conversation started at 2:23 in the morning, so sleep deprivation may have played a role in some of our answers/questions.)

Me: Favorite Beatle?
K: Lennon or Harrison. You?
Me: Ringoooo. Okay really it’s Lennon, but Ringo had the best name. Song you want played at your funeral.
K: Spirit in the sky and here comes the sun. You? Biggest turn off?
Me: Hmm it’s a tie between dishonesty and narcissism. Aaand my funeral song would be… Send me on my way and What A Wonderful World/Somewhere Over The Rainbow by  that Hawaiian guy.
Me: Your biggest turn off?
K: Ignorance and egocentricism
Me: Is there something you want to change about yourself OR is there a part of yourself you feel you’ve left behind and want to regain?
K: I’d like to regain my athleticism and I wish I would’ve stuck with piano. You?
Me: I want to be as accepting and forgiving as I was eleven years ago. I just remember being so much more optimistic and kind. And now I’m very guarded and wary of others.
K: Yeah, I feel ya. I feel like I’ve become more cynical with age.
Me: It’s probably just normal to feel like that… Like a growing up thing. But it sucks how jaded a person can get over time.
K: Biggest stereotype you feel you fulfill.
Me: The whole ‘women are bad drivers’ thing, though in my case I suck at parking. Lol I’m just not patient enough to straighten out the car when it’s crooked and FUCK parallel parking, man.
Me: Your stereotype?
K: Lol I fill that one as well. I guess my career path is somewhat stereotypical being a woman and going into nursing. I guess at times I can find myself filling the stereotype of being a snobby and or unassertive white girl.
Me: Is there anyone you wish were still part of your life OR a relationship/friendship you feel you gave up on too soon?
Me: Snobby? You? I don’t see it.
K: Well, you obviously, like in that we got to see each other. But otherwise I think that I have kept the people in my life that I wanted to. Some I wish I had never bothered with like *censored*.
K: Yeah, I don’t know. I’m a little spoiled and find myself thinking snobby things.
K: Best sex of your life so far?
*both answers censored LOL*
K: Saddest song and happiest song
K: It’s a hard one, but I’m thinking one of the more heartbreaking ones for me is Either Way by Guster and the most fun for me is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
(and then I fell asleep on her LOL. It was nearly 4 in the morning, though, fucking hell. I did answer the question the next day.)
Me: Saddest song: Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross. Happiest song is a tie: Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog by CCR and Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.
*skips all the weird/too personal questions*
Me: Materialistic thing you couldn’t live without.
K: Ugh. It’s cliché but my cell. 
Me: For me it’s perfume. I have waaay more bottles of perfume and body sprays than is needed. 
Me: If your life could become a movie, which would it be and why? 
K: Dazed and Confused because I’m a stoner and like to party. It’d be awesome to live in that movie because it’s set in the 60s and the soundtrack is dank and there are a few actors I’d definitely do. (LOL!) You?
Me: The movie I’d pick is Almost Famous, cause I’d get to do what I love (writing) in the muthafricken 70s and listen to good music while driving around in a tour bus… Oh and meet Ziggy Stardust. Good stuff.


I love when we play the questions game. And I’m sorry if this might’ve dragged on a bit or was boring. But I haven’t had a good conversation with her in a long time and it was nice to know that our connection is still there. <33333

Bye sweets.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment